Studies have found that bipolar disorder is a serious psychological illness affecting about 5.7 million adults in the U.S. Severe mood swings, irritability, depression, and an inability to concentrate are some of the common symptoms of bipolar disorder.
Sufferers have trouble performing everyday tasks which causes problems in their social and work life. The symptoms generally appear in early adulthood, but might also develop later in life.
Bipolar disorder can be managed to some extent through drugs and psychotherapy. Treatment for bipolar disorder is provided in some bipolar disorder treatment centers that administer psychotherapy, cognitive therapy, and medications under supervision.
Many professional bipolar disorder treatment centers practice various types of therapeutic approaches to meet the patient’s needs. The best centers for bipolar disorder treatment are:
· The Mood Disorders Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital
· The Stanley Foundation Bipolar Network, Maryland
· The Stanley Clinical Research Center, Ohio
· The Bipolar Disorders Clinic, Stanford University School of Medicine, California
· National Institutes of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland
· The Bipolar Disorder Research Program, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas.
For more information about bipolar disorder, consult the following:
Bipolar Disorder: Role of Diet
Sleep Disorder Drug May Control Bipolar Depression
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.