Zoloft® or sertraline hydrochloride is an antidepressant, which is commonly used in the US. Zoloft® belongs to the SSRI class of antidepressant drugs. Like most drugs, Zoloft® has several side effects, but the side effects may not manifest in some cases. Most people can easily tolerate the adverse side effects of the drug, but some people may suffer from minor or major side effects.
These Zoloft® or sertraline side effects include the following:
· Nausea: Up to 30 percent of the users may suffer from this side effect
· Diarrhea: This serious side effect may be exhibited by up to 24 percent of the people
· Dry mouth
· Sexual problems
· Loss of appetite
· Indigestion and associated problems
· Loss of libido or sex drive
Other less common side effects may include
· Increased sweating
· Paresthesias: burning or tingling sensation
· Headaches and migraines
· Sudden weight loss
· Hot flashes
· Abdominal aches or stomach aches
· Nervousness and other psychological problems
· Vision changes
For more information about Zoloft, see the following:
Are There Alternatives to Zoloft?
FDA Orders Strong Warnings on All Antidepressants
Nutrients Better Than Antidepressants
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.