A strictly controlled diabetes diet and exercise regime are the first step towards controlling diabetes.
Take a look at these tips for diabetes diet control:
1. Get a healthy diet plan from a nutritionist. Most hospitals will offer you this service free of charge when you consult a diabetologist.
2. If you don’t like something in your diet, substitute it. In your diet plan, don’t include foods you dislike; otherwise, you will fail to follow it!
3. Cut out all white processed foods from your diet, and choose whole grains over processed grains.
4. Up your intake of fresh fruits and veggies, and skip fruit juice completely.
5. Exercise to lower your BMI, but pop a high-fiber snack to regulate blood sugar levels before you exercise.
6. Don’t skip breakfast. Eat well in the mornings, but split all remaining meals into four small meals spread out over the day.
7. Stop eating when you are 50% full. Usually, that’s enough to fill your stomach.
8. Stock up on nuts and seeds, which are great as nutritious snacks.
9. Check serving sizes and the glycemic index of every food item.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.