People are increasingly turning to vitamin supplements for stomach health, and to ease symptoms of gastritis, flatulence, irritable bowel syndrome, and ulcerative colitis symptoms. Several supplements are on the market, including:
1. Licorice (Glycirrhiza glabra) is one of the best supplements for stomach health, specifically for ulcers.
2. Ayurveda prescribes peppermint leaf as a natural remedy for stomach and intestinal disorders.
3.Vitamin B3 (niacin) keeps the digestive system healthy.
4. Devil’s claw (Harpagophytum procumbens), a digestive tonic, is among the best natural supplements for stomach health.
5. Chamomile oil has traditionally been used for spasm, colic, indigestion, and ulcers.
6. Triphla is a well-known Ayurvedic ingredient for stomach health. It is also an excellent detoxifier and bowel cleanser.
7. One of the commonly used vitamin supplements for stomach health is Emblica officinalis (Indian gooseberry). Rich in viamin C, it helps reduce acidity and improve immunity.
8. Alfa alfa (California clover), an appetite stimulant, may cure indigestion and peptic ulcer.
9. Pre and pro-biotics are great for your stomach. They occur naturally in foods like yogurt, but supplements provide a more concentrated source.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.