Halitosis or bad breath can embarrass you in a social setting. Here are some natural remedies for halitosis that stop bad breath from affecting your personal and professional life:
• Remedies for halitosis include increased intake of foods with high amounts of vitamins C and B complex. Eating berries, citrus fruits, melons, and whole grains stops bad breath by preventing bacterial growth in the mouth. A diet rich in vitamin C is also important for preventing gum disease and gingivitis — both major causes of halitosis.
• Bad-breath remedies include drastically reducing intake of animal proteins, as these proteins are often improperly digested and leave by-products that act as breeding grounds for halitosis-producing microorganisms.
• Another cure for halitosis is to avoid sugars and refined carbohydrates, which cause tooth decay and produce an environment that is conducive for bacterial growth. To stop bad breath, refrain from eating foods that are high in fat, colorings, and additives.
• One halitosis natural remedy is to wash the tongue with water containing baking soda. Gargling with lime water also helps.
• As a dry mouth intensifies halitosis, drinking plenty of fluids works as a cure for halitosis.
For more on halitosis, see below:
Halitosis: Latest Medical Breakthroughs
Halitosis: How Your Diet Plays a Role
Halitosis: Top 10 Treatment Centers
© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.