A vacation paradise in the Caribbean offers some of the world’s top-ranked golf resorts and courses. The magnificent views from the many islands make rounds of golf even more enjoyable.
The location in the Caribbean Sea also attracts travelers and golfers from around the world. So the action on just about any golf course on these islands brings with it a splendid international flavor along with the rest and relaxation of a tropical vacation.
It’s difficult to choose which of the many golf courses could be rated best, but here are seven top-ranked courses in the Caribbean:
1. Cap Cana Resort, Dominican Republic — The Punta Espada oceanfront course by Jack Nicklaus has been featured on the PGA Champions Tour and was named among the best golf resorts in the Caribbean by Golf Digest. Its beauty is matched by the challenging 18-hole course.
URGENT: Who's The Greatest Golfer Of All Time? Vote Now
2. One & Only Ocean Club, Bahamas — The Ocean Club Golf Course is another challenging spot with some 7,100 yards spreading out on Paradise Island, south of Nassau. The award-winning course overlooks white sands and blue sea.
3. Royal Isabela, Puerto Rico — A pleasant environment accompanies stunning cliffs, canyons, and bluffs over the Atlantic Ocean. Golfers can also take in the tranquil beach and the surrounding sights of nature.
POLL: Tiger or Jack? Who Is The Greatest Of All Time? Vote Now
4. Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic — The Teeth of the Dog golf course is considered among the best in the Caribbean, according to the Caribbean Journal. The resort is also home to two other courses.
5. Four Seasons Resort Nevis — This is the location of “the best course in the Eastern Caribbean,” according to the Caribbean Journal. The 6,766-yard course on the small island of Nevis boasts striking views.
6. Sandy Lane Green Monkey, Barbados — The 7,343-yard Green Monkey golf course in St. James was created out of an old limestone quarry, according to the Sandy Lane resort. It was named one of the best courses in the Caribbean by Golfweek.
7. Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao — The island country of Curacao in the southern Caribbean Sea is home to this resort’s Old Quarry golf course, notes Travel Age West. It has wonderful views of the sea and a challenging course layout.
VOTE: Who Is The Greatest Golfer Of All Time?
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.