Our body is constantly being attacked by toxins that are in the air we breathe, the food we eat, and the water we drink. The body has an extremely smart chemical removal system that detects and eliminates these toxins. However, with increasing pollution, stress, wrong eating habits, and lifestyle choices, our body’s natural ability to fight toxins becomes impaired. This leads to a host of illnesses, hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficiencies, and reduced immunity.
Adopting a detox diet or meal plan helps eliminate toxins from the body while providing the necessary nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants. Here are the top ten detox diet plans that are sure to detoxify the body and boost energy levels:
- Fruit Detox Diet Plan: This is primarily aimed at detoxifying the liver. It can be continued for three to five days. Any fruit can be chosen and then consumed at frequent and regular intervals. One must make sure to drink plenty of water. Taking multi-vitamin pills and consulting a physician before starting the diet is recommended.
- Juice Detox Diet: Vegetable and fruit juices can be taken. No solid food is allowed during this diet.
- Vegetable Detox Meal Plan: Only fresh vegetables are consumed either in the form of broths or soups or as salads.
- Fasting Detox: Drink only water for the first day of the diet. Then move on to juices.
- Alkaline Detox Meal Plan: Increase intake of alkaline rich foods such as vegetables, non-citric fruits, and green salads. Dairy products, sweets, and fat-laden food should be strictly avoided.
- Vegan Detox Diet Plan: No animal products are allowed. The diet comprises green vegetables, fresh fruits, and whole grains. Intake of legumes and beans are important to ensure adequate protein supply.
- Lemon Juice Detox Diet: In this popular detox plan, one must steer clear of any solids and consume only lemonade throughout the day. However, this meal plan lacks the nutrients needed by the body and must be practiced only under medical supervision.
- Raw Food Detox Diet: This diet advocates eating only raw and uncooked foods.
- Diuretic Detox Diet Plan: Is a short-term detox diet that reduces water retention by adding diuretics as food or supplements.
- Green Detox Diet Plan: Encourages an increased consumption of organic foods and reduced indulgence in refined and processed foods.
The prerequisite when starting any detox diet is to ensure adequate fluid intake. Meal timings should be regular and meals should contain the right blend of whole grains, beans, nuts, fresh fruits, and green vegetables. A typical diet starts with a liter of warm water, followed by fresh fruits for breakfast, steamed vegetables for lunch, and lentil soups or broths for dinner. The one-week free detox diet plan can start with fruits for the first day. Then, vegetables, breads, yogurt, beans, fish, and meats get added gradually throughout the week.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.