When selecting a free diet meal plan, it is best to make sure that the diet plan advised is well-balanced, varied and easy to follow. Here are a few pointers to help you choose from the 10 best free diet plans:
- A free diet plan should suggest four to six small meals and snacks over two to three large meals throughout the day.
- Intake of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains should be emphasized. Replacing natural and fresh foods with "magical" shakes and weight loss powders is not the answer. You may find it difficult to adhere to the plan later.
- A free diet plan must be simple and practical. Counting calories is a good way to monitor your daily intake, but if it means using bowls and measuring everything you eat, then it may prove to be impractical in the long run.
- Free diet plans must give you shopping and meal planning tips. Being prepared with a list and shopping accordingly ensures a ready stock of healthy snacks. These can be eaten whenever hunger strikes.
- Eating out is inevitable and must not be completely restricted. However, free meal plans must educate you about the best and healthiest dining out options for the week.
- The diet plan should advocate strict avoidance of desserts, fried snacks, and sugary drinks over the week. It could allow you to have them in controlled portions during weekends.
- Encouraging regular physical activity is a must. Exercise patterns may be chosen based on individual requirements and may vary from cycling, walking, to swimming and dancing.
- Maintaining a food diary is essential for the success of any free diet plan. It helps you keep an account of the foods you are eating and in what quantities.
- Healthy free diet plans with personalized counseling sessions are preferred over the free plans available on web sites.
- Simple dietary tips like eating slowly, enjoying meals, and sleeping well must be reinforced periodically.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.