For centuries, flowers have been considered to be one of the best gifts. They are indeed a great way to express emotion beautifully. In a year, there are so many days when you have the opportunity to give flowers – Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Teacher’s Day, and so on. And, of course, there are the birthdays and weddings of your loved ones. However, flowers can be expensive gifts. Here are some tips on how to save money on flowers.
1. Bond with your florist.You have the option to buy flowers in person or online. Some online sites offer discounts. Try and build rapport with your florist by visiting the flower shop off and on. This will help you form a bond with your florist and you will be able to get good discounts on premium flowers.
2. You should try and buy flowers that are considered “past their prime.” This way, you can get a good deal because the flowers would otherwise go into the trash.
3. Buy seasonal flowers. Next time, look beyond roses and have a look at carnations, lilies, and so on. They will be less expensive and look good as well.
4. Go for big flowers, as you will have to buy less of them.
5. When you receive a bouquet, try preserving the vase or basket for later.
6. Try and place your order early. This way, there is less chance of last minute glitches occurring. What’s more, ordering early may also get you a discount.
7. Flowers are an essential part of any wedding. It is very important for you to make a prior estimate of how many and which types of wedding flowers will be required at the wedding. Again, it would be wise to order them beforehand so that you get them at a reasonable cost.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.