From geeky to gaudy, here’s a list of the top 10 most extraordinary and downright over-the-top gifts for Father’s Day.
10. ThinkGeek.com has turned imagination into reality with the iCade. The iCade is a retro-arcade console that allows Dad to enjoy the arcade games of his younger years with a modern twist. It’s as easy as sliding an iPad into the console’s cradle to make arcade games like Pac-Mac accessible with the touch of an authentic, retro button.
9. In a modern age laden with chargers, powerstrips, cell phones, laptops, and iPads, the areas around electrical sockets can become a jungle of wires. Once again, ThinkGeek has some Dad- friendly solutions, whether he is gadget-savvy or cellularly-challenged. The Grassy Lawn Charging Station creatively hides wires in a bed of faux grass while keeping dad’s hand-held electronics all in one place. The “Socket Pocket” on the other hand is meant for just one device. It is an electrical socket faceplate that features a “pocket” that hinges to any standard outlet — keeping wires tucked away and cellphones from being misplaced.
8. Give dad a BBQ branding tool with a twist. The model available from Stupid.com allows Dad to personalize his message with movable-type.
7. Bacon- flavored beer, Bacon- flavored vodka, Bacon- flavored salt — it’s your pick. Give Dad the opportunity to enjoy his favorite savory treat without the cholesterol or calories. Bonus: these products are kosher and vegetarian- friendly.
6. This Father’s Day, Uncommon Goods is offering “Stadium Seat Cufflinks”—a twist on a Father’s Day standby. The cufflinks are recycled from seating in sports landmarks such as Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium, Wrigley Field and more.
5. Never rely on the weatherman again. For $229.00, Dad can own his own totally wireless weather station from Oregon Scientific. This model features touchscreen technology and solar-powered sensors. This system reports the humidity, indoor temperature, barometric pressure, windspeed and direction and rain gauge.
4. Also from ThinkGeek.com comes a unique device that can make using the iPhone’s touch-screen just as easy as that tactile-touch of the Blackberry. The TK-421 iPhone case features a flip out keyboard that is compatible with any iPhone app.
3. Teetering on the edge of ridiculous, treat Dad to a bottle of fine wine — a 104 year-old bottle of wine. Valued at $275,000 per bottle, 200 shipwrecked bottles of Heidsieck wine were found by divers in 2007. A bottle this rare can be purchased from the Ritz-Carlton in Moscow.
2. Maybe your Dad is more of a rugged type. Getting a crude 7 miles to the gallon, the CXT is the largest production pick-up truck available. The truck’s base price is $93,000 but can cost as much as $115,000. Throw in some recycled stadium cufflinks to, uh, balance the carbon footprint.
1. A man’s home is his castle, maybe even his oasis. So why not just give Dad an oasis, period? A private island home in Michigan can cost as low as $200,000, but go for as high as $200 million if you are considering purchasing Dad a tropical getaway.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.