Fast food restaurants are generally not the healthiest options for a meal. Certain fast food facts have shocked people to the extent that many have vowed never to eat in a fast food restaurant again.
Here is a list of the five most gruesome fast food facts that the fast food industry hides from us.
- The Ten Seconds Rule: To catch up with the rush-hour crowd, a number of fast food restaurants follow the five seconds or ten seconds rule. This implies many things, including that waiters who drop the food on the floor can simply pick it up and put it back on the tray - provided that no one notices and it is done within the five or ten seconds time frame. One main reason for this is that they need to conserve every piece of food they have to meet the peak-hour demand. This also saves them precious time.
- Unhealthy Food: One of the best hidden facts about fast food restaurants is that they do not serve fresh food, and their food contains harmful preservatives. Most food items served in fast food restaurants are processed and frozen with a number of preservatives and other artificial chemicals like MSG. For example, french fries are neither made from 100% potatoes nor are they fresh. The restaurants merely fry and serve them.
- Cleanliness: One of the most important things that fast food restaurants won’t tell you is the fact that most of their ketchup dispensers or tea spouts haven’t been cleaned for a long time. Some of the conditions in which the dispensers are kept are shocking and highly unhygienic. The next time you visit a fast food restaurant, it would be a better option to ask for a ketchup pack instead of using those dirty dispensers.
- Food Expiration: Due to excessive preservatives and chemicals, the raw materials for food in fast food restaurants have specific expiration dates that must be adhered to. When the food is taken out of the cooler, it has a specific time frame, say about 20 minutes, that it stays fresh. and after that it must be thrown away. For practical reasons, most fast food chains do not adhere to this time frame, which means you get served food that should have been thrown out.
- Pest infestation: The kitchens in most fast food restaurants are infested with pests like bugs and roaches. The most unfortunate thing about it is the fact that the restaurants are aware of the infestation and choose not to invest in pest control management.
Another well-known fast food restaurant fact is that the fat-rich food they serve that can be harmful to our health.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.