Endometriosis is a gynecological condition characterized by an abnormal growth of epithelial cells that form the uterine lining. This excessive growth can form cysts or interfere in the functioning of the uterus and associated organs.
The symptoms of endometriosis are constipation, fatigue, pelvic pain, extreme pain in legs and thighs, excessive flow during menstruation, headache, and depression, and can eventually lead to urinary tract infection, irritable bowel syndrome, and infection of the uterus or infertility and sometimes both.
Treatment for endometriosis depends on the extent of the condition and associated symptoms. The most common treatment method is hormone medication with oral contraceptives or progestin or danazol. In advanced cases, surgery may be imperative.
Endometriosis treatment centers provide medical as well as surgical treatments. Surgical treatment includes laparoscopy where fluid can be drained and cells causing endometriosis can be destroyed. This is helpful in mild to moderate cases. Extensive surgery is required in advanced cases. Since endometriosis can cause infertility, endometriosis treatment centers provide fertility treatment aimed at reducing or curing endometriosis and facilitating fertilization.
Another important treatment provided at treatment centers is invitro fertilization. Since women suffering from endometriosis have severe pain during intercourse and difficulty conceiving, fertilization is facilitated by invitro fertilization.
In many case of endometriosis, the symptoms disappear after pregnancy and in some cases the symptoms completely cease to exist.
Since the surgical treatment for endometriosis is invasive and risky, it is important to do some research well in advance.
The top ten treatment centers of endometriosis are:
1. The New York Endometriosis Center which is one of the leading endometriosis treatment and gynecologic surgery centes in the world with offices in New York and Greenwich.
2. Reproductive Medicine Associates of Connecticut with fertility clinics in Connecticut and New York.
3. Vital Health Institute, California
4. The Beach Center for Infertility, Endocrinology and IVF, Virginia
5. St Charles Medical Center, Bend, Oregon.
6. Endometriosis Research Center, Delray Beach, Florida
7. Center for Endometriosis Care, Atlanta, Georgia.
8. Georgia Reproductive Specialists, Atlanta
9. Continuum Reproductive Center of New York
10. Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.