Electronic war games consist mainly of games that are of the strategy genre that combine graphics with artificial intelligence. Most of the selected games are single and multiplayer war games while a few of them are single shooter games. Mentioned below are five of the best electronic war games based on current popularity.
1. Rome: Total War: It is a strategy based electronic single and multiplayer war game which was developed by Creative Assembly and published by Activision. This electronic war game offers its players the chance to command real time 3D battle that comprises great forces of ancient civilizations thereby creating an epic war simulation. Outstanding graphics and awesome artificial intelligence make it interesting on the strategic as well as tactical level.
2. Empire Total War: This turn-based and real-time tactics computer war game was created by Creative Assembly and published by SEGA. It is a war game series famous for its huge battles that combine real time strategy with artificial intelligence along with an abundance of 3D graphics and naval sea battles.
3. Call of Duty 2: Game of the Year Edition: This electronic single player war game was developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision. This is the second part of the best selling electronic war game that was released in 2003. It won over 80 Game of the Year awards from different gaming websites. It is as much fun as the first version but has simplified controls and better graphics. It is totally addictive and its realistic scenarios really draw you into the combat.
4. Galactic Civilizations II: Developed by StarDock, Galactic Civilizations II is a strategy based electronic war game set somewhere in the middle of the 23rd century. The objective is to control the other planets in the galaxy. The player taking the role of a human is pitted against other races of characters from various planets with varying cultural assignments. The player can either defeat the other planets with their military prowess, or unite them together bringing about total peace. The graphics and artificial intelligence of this electronic multiplayer war game is brilliant.
5. Star Wars Battlefront II: This electronic war game was developed by Lucas Arts Entertainment and is a must for all Star Wars fans. This electronic war game has great space combats set in a fantastic space environment. Players can choose from an array of the dozens of characters from the Star Wars universe, hop into the famous vehicles, and then fight epic battles that decide the fate of the Star Wars galaxy.
There are other games as well that can be included in this list, but at the end, what matters is that how much you enjoy the electronic war games.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.