There are several disorders that can be extreme without loved ones even knowing that a person is suffering. Having an eating disorder does not necessarily mean that the person is underweight or overweight (especially in the early stages). There are many people who suffer from an eating disorder without anyone around them even noticing. There are several types of eating disorders, the two most talked about being Bulimia and Anorexia.
There are many symptoms associated with these disorders, but the top five are:
1. Experiencing dramatic weight loss within a drastically short period of time.
2. Complaining about weight and being obsessed with losing extra pounds even though there seems to be no extra pounds to lose on the body.
3. Having an eating disorder can cause a person to involve themselves in binge eating. They can also go to the other extreme by not eating at all.
4. Frequent trips to the bathroom after a person has just eaten are a warning sign for someone who may have an eating disorder.
5. Isolation is another symptom. A person with an eating disorder may not want to eat around anybody or will seem to hide things from other people such as pill bottles.
You will find that these are the top symptoms for this type of problem, but there are many more symptoms that should be looked out for. These symptoms can include hair loss, constantly trying to find the magic diet pill, hiding sweet foods, obsession with exercise, and obsession with counting calories, along with many others. When a person has an eating disorder, whenever they look into the mirror, they often see someone they do not like. This type of disorder could stem from a mental insecurity that they might have about themselves.
Treatment is needed immediately for a person who has an eating disorder. Statistics show that there are many people, especially young adults, who die because of an eating disorder. Parents, family members, and friends, should always question when there may not be something right about their loved one, no matter how insignificant it may seem to them.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.