Dry eye syndrome is a serious medical condition caused by inadequate lubrication of the eyes due to decreased activity of the tear glands. In this condition, the tear film in our eyes becomes thin or nonexistent leading to an irritable condition. Dry eye is becoming common with the increasing use of computers. It is also known as Computer Vision Syndrome.
The top centers located in the United States for dry eye treatment are:
- The University of Michigan Kellogg Eye Center: It is a research institute that also offers top-level eye treatments with its wide range of treatment options. It is situated on Wall Street in Michigan.
- Boston Foundation of Sight: Located in Boston, it is one the most esteemed eye clinics in the U.S. It has all the latest treatment options for almost all opthalmologic problems, including dry eye syndrome.
- Angeles Vision Clinic: Located in Port Angeles, this clinic offers all eye related treatments and the latest technology.
- Dr. Kisling-Fort Collins Eye Doctor’s Choice. This high end eye clinic is located in Colorado.
- The Eye Center for Colorado: The clinic is also situated in Colorado.
- TLC Laser Eye Centers: Provide LASIK treatment and is located in Missouri.
- Houston Dry Eye Clinic
- Baltimore Washington Eye Center
- Dry Eye Center and the Rochester Dry Eye Treatment Clinic In New York.
- Tauber Eye Center: Offers LASIK treatment and is located in Kansas.
Almost all of these institutes offer refractive surgery and LASIK laser eye surgery for the treatment of this condition.
These clinics pay special attention to the patient in terms of tear quality assessment and the levels of tear production and drainage before administering the proper treatment.
It is therefore imperative that a patient visits the appropriate center to get the disease diagnosed and conducts thorough research to find a clinic that best suits their financial needs and treatment requirements.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.