Dogs have always been considered to be the best animal guardians of life and property. But not many know that not all dogs are adept in protecting their masters. Specially trained dogs are, therefore, a must for homes looking for dogs as protectors. If you are one of those who believe that dogs offer the best type of protection, then look for security dogs. Also, consider training your dog professionally. There are specialized agencies that deal with training dogs for protection work. If there are children in the house, then ensure that the dog is child friendly.
The Five Best Dogs For Protection are:
1. Rottweiler: Rottweilers can strike fear into the most notorious thief. It’s a common police and military dog. Train and socialize this dog properly as Rottweilers have been involved in attacks on humans.
2. Doberman Pinscher: A Doberman in your backyard will deter all thieves and robbers. This dog was bred to be the ultimate protector dog for over 100 years, and is also used by the police. They are highly intelligent, focused, and bond easily with family. A word of warning: Unless he has been trained or socialized properly, this dog should not be trusted around small pets or children who are strangers to them.
3. German Shepherd: They are thought to be the best guard dogs, and they are good with humans. They are gentle with children. They are able to attack as well as release on command. They are very loyal and protect their owners at all cost.
4. Bull Mastiff: These are a cross breed of mastiffs and bulldogs. They are tall — standing between 25 and 27 inches — and look rather scary. They knock intruders down and stand above them.
5. Maltese: Don’t be fooled by its gentle look. Maltese make excellent watchdogs as they tend to bark a lot, thus alerting their masters to intruders.
The most important thing you should look for while purchasing a dog for protection is its alertness. An alert security dog will warn its master by barking or drawing their attention in whatever way necessary.
Having a good security system and employing the best security agency to take care of your property has its limitations. But, by trusting a dog for protection you can never go wrong!
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.