Dogs have always been considered to be the best animal guardians of life and property. But not all dogs are equally adept at protecting their masters. Specially trained dogs are, therefore, a must for families looking for dogs as protectors.
The Five Best Dogs For Protection are:
1. Rottweilers: Rottweilers are a common police and military dog, but owners should train and socialize this dog properly because Rottweilers have been involved in attacks on humans.
2. Doberman Pinschers: This dog was bred to be the ultimate protector for more than 100 years and is also used by the police. The Doberman is highly intelligent, focused, and bonds easily with family. A word of warning: unless they have been trained or socialized properly, this dog should not be trusted around small pets, unfamiliar children, or strangers.
3. German Shepherds: They are thought to be the best guard dogs, and they are good with humans and gentle with children. They are able to attack as well as release on command.
4. Bull Mastiff: These are a cross breed of mastiffs and bulldogs. They are tall — standing 25 to 27 inches — and look rather scary..
5. Maltese: Don’t be fooled by their gentle look. Malteses make excellent watchdogs; they tend to bark a lot, thus alerting their masters to intruders.
The most important thing you should look for when purchasing a dog for protection is its alertness. An alert security dog will warn its master by barking or drawing attention in whatever way necessary. You may want to consider training your dog professionally. If there are children in the house, then ensure that the dog is child friendly.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.