While there are a wide range of breeds of dogs to choose from, there are only a few breeds that suit busy people. When determining the best dogs for busy people, it is important to think about how much time one is willing to spend with them, including their availability to go on a morning walk with the dog or play with them.
While dog training for busy people is a rarity, it is important that you choose breeds who can survive well with less exercise. Another important factor is the dog’s place in your lifestyle. If you live in a small apartment, or if you’re renting, do consider the size of the dog that will be sharing the unit with you.
Here are five of the best dogs that will complement your busy lifestyle.
1) Labrador Retriever: The Labrador retriever (also known as Labrador, or lab) is a popular choice for active families. The Labrador seems to have boundless energy and can keep up with active children. Though originally developed to help hunt birds, the lab is also a loyal and devoted family member. Intelligent yet patient, the lab is loved by families all over the world.
2) Poodle: The poodle is an intelligent and friendly dog that craves human companionship. Happiest when allowed to run and play, the poodle is known for being low shed, and comes in three different sizes to suit your requirements. Faithful and obedient, the poodle is a wonderful addition to any home.
3) Boston Terrier: This type of dog is a small black and white terrier that will entertain you completely. After brief periods of activity, the Boston loves to curl up on the sofa and relax. Despite their small size, the terrier is a tough little dog. This breed makes a great companion. Obedient and loyal, the Boston is a good watch dog and a loyal family pet, especially for busy people.
4) Pomeranian: This little ball of fur looks just like a tiny fox. Weighing around five pounds, the pom is a cute and friendly breed that loves human company. Requiring little space, the Pomeranian is great for a family with grown-up children.
5) Pug: The pug is an affectionate, loveable, even-tempered breed of dog that carries itself with great beauty and respect. Pugs enjoy being included as a part of the family. They are very playful and love being with children. They curl up on your lap for a nap, greet strangers in a friendly manner, and love playing with children.
When you are considering what kind of dog to get, there are certain breeds that require less attention and considerably less space than others. However, there are many other factors like physical features, breed, and personality traits to be considered.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.