Fashion for formal occasions has truly evolved. Whether it is a wedding or a conference, a prom or a premiere, the fashion scene is exploding with hues, styles, fabrics, and designs that nudge “conservative” out of the dictionary.
- Gown: The designer gown with ruffles, satin, flounce will always remain the darling of fashionistas. Wear it with an empire neckline, halter, strap, strapless, or backless—the sizzle is the same.
- LBD: The little black dress (LBD) is an unfailing costume that never goes wrong. Whatever its length and style, the LBD can be paired with appropriate accessories to refresh its charm on any occasion.
- Skirt and Jacket: Skirt and jacket is not just for the demure. A knee or calf-length skirt with a well-fitted waist-length or even longer jacket contrasted with a striking blouse is a dignified choice for both personal and professional formal occasions.
- Pants and Jacket/Suit: Straight, tight-fitting, or pipe pants with boleros or executive jackets are excellent for business outings.
- Church Suits: Church suits comprise well-fitted skirt and blouse with a jacket, matching hat with a veil, and gloves to complete the ensemble.
- Knee-length Party Wear: Wear that slinky knee-length outfit and get the contours right by keeping it slightly hugging, but not form-fitting. Go with an empire neckline or wear it with straps.
- Calf-length Dresses with Boleros: Calf-length dresses paired with boleros make a chic style statement. Go for contrasting colors, but go easy on the accessories.
- Short Party Dress: Short party dresses are the most fun. They could be straight-fit or form-fit. Short party dresses look great off shoulder and strapless, but also make a unique style statement when worn with sleeves.
- Full Skirt: The ballet style 90s full skirt is back in vogue and how! It gives multiple choices for colors and new dimensions to the pretty “baby doll” statement.
- A-line Full-length Dress: A-line full-length dress may sound Victorian, but can be worn very stylish and is becoming very popular once again. Worn with a halter neck, it redefines feminineness.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.