Day to day stress can bring depression into your life as an unwanted guest. Diets and tips for depression and anxiety should be strictly to combat the ill effects of stress. Diet tips for depression and anxiety do not cure symptoms but prevent the severity and frequency of attacks. There are numerous must-follow diets and tips for depression available. The following diet tips for depression bring you the ten best as a part of overall anxiety and depression treatment.
1. Eating a healthy and balanced diet is among the best diet tips for depression. Eating three to four evenly spaced meals throughout the day prevents a sudden rise or fall in blood sugar levels, which in turn prevents depression.
2. Along with other diets tips for depression, do not forget to consume adequate amounts of water as good hydration combats fatigue and stress.
3. A natural diet tip for depression is to augment B vitamins in the diet, especially vitamin B12 found in fish, meat, poultry, eggs, and milk, and folic acid present in mushrooms, lentils, and legumes.
4. One of the must follow diet tips for depression and anxiety is to opt for smart carbs like whole grains, fruits, legumes, and vegetables rather than refined sugars to stabilize the mood by keeping blood glucose levels steady.
5. There is a relationship between obesity and depression. Maintaining a healthy weight is important for someone with depression.
6. Consuming natural proteins like beans, peas, low-fat cheese, fish, milk, soy products, and yogurt is another diet tip for combating depression.
7. Selenium rich products like nuts (brazil nuts), seeds, sea food, lean meat, beans, and legumes should be included in a diet for depression.
8. Eating foods rich in antioxidants and vitamins E and C may prevent free radical damage.
9. Consume plenty of vitamin D by getting adequate exposure to sunlight to boost your mood.
10. Stay away from stimulants like alcohol, coffee, tea, and tobacco.
Besides following these diets and tips for depression, a sound eight hours of sleep and meditation also calms the mind. In addition to the above diets tips for depression, people with severe symptoms are advised to seek medical help.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.