There are times when someone is suffering from depression and does not even know it. If someone thinks that a person they love is depressed they should get them help from a professional as soon as they possibly can. Not everyone realizes that they are depressed. They may think that they are just going thorough a rough spot emotionally and do not recognize the signs and symptoms that they are exhibiting. The following are common signs that are associated with depression. Many are somewhat easy to spot while others will only be noticed over time. Someone can only exhibit a few of the following characteristics and still be depressed. The signs are:
- Many people lose interest in daily activities that they once enjoyed. Someone who is depressed will have little to no desire to enjoy the hobbies they formally enjoyed doing on a somewhat regular schedule such as gardening, knitting, or even reading a good book.
- Many find that they have a different sleep schedule. They either sleep more or less than they usually do.
- Someone will feel hopeless and helpless. They will feel like everything is crashing down around them and that there is no way to fix the situation.
- Many people feel weak and feasible. They do not have the energy to do many simple tasks that those who are not depressed can do with ease. Things such as walking up stairs, to the mailbox, or even going to the store may seem like daunting and draining tasks.
- Depression often makes people feel very guilty. They may have nothing to feel guilty for but they will feel as though everything they do is wrong and hurtful even if the outside world does not perceive it to be that way.
- The physical aches and pains that accompany depression are sometimes enough to completely devastate someone’s life. They may feel reoccurring migraines, headaches, or muscle aches.
- Many people find it increasingly difficult to concentrate on anything for long periods of time. Their minds often wander to more negative and gloomy thoughts.
- Recollection becomes increasingly difficult for someone. They often forget where they have put things, appointments, or things that need to be done.
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.