Here are five myths about dating older women:
- Cougars are easy targets: Dating older women is not an easy task. Older women are more attuned to their needs and more sophisticated about their tastes since they have experienced the finer things in life. Myths about dating old women abound, and numerous dating service entrants perpetuate them as easy targets. However, older women are more perceptive of their date’s intentions and can read relationship signals better.
- Cougars are patronizing: Well, some older women could have a know-it-all attitude since they are not greenhorns at dating. However, not every older woman you date is patronizing. Go for original and creative pick-up lines, especially, if you meet through a dating service. An alpha cougar is an intelligent older woman who both seeks and offers sexual empowerment. On the other hand, some older women who are open to dating youngsters often just want a friend or a companion.
- Cougars are desperate and clingy: A cougar is more mature when it comes to dating and, given her independence and self-confidence, you may find yourself getting clingy! Be chivalrous and attentive – open doors for her, pay her compliments, and be concerned about her comfort.
- Cougars want to feel young all the time: Yes, all women like to feel they are young, vivacious, and with it. However, dating older women in no way implies you should act like a gawky teen when you are with her. Older women do not like a date controlling their life. A no-strings attached man can be an ideal date for a cougar. Older women are very comfortable with themselves – with their bodies and their lives.
- They are only looking for a fling or a one-night stand: A myth about online dating is that the older woman is only seeking a casual hook-up. Now, dating older women doesn’t necessarily implies that they have ruled out all possibilities for a serious relationship. Both of you need to be on the same page as far as the future of your new liaison is concerned.
Keep an open mind and, who knows, one day you may find yourselves heading for the altar! Most importantly, let your cougar rule you in the bedroom too – her experience and openness to share will be enough of an aphrodisiac for a fulfilling relationship.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.