Pick up any lifestyle magazine and you will find stories about young women dating older men. Just look at Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, and Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas. So, what is so exciting about dating older men? Here are five myths surrounding dating older men:
- One common myth about dating older men is that they are less lively. This isn’t true. When it comes to men, even a 20 year old can be lazy — just getting him to go on an evening date or dragging him from his XBOX can be a mammoth task. Dating older men can be pleasurable; however, if he has an early morning, chances are he would appreciate an early night too. It is just a matter of understanding each other’s needs.
- Another myth about dating older men is that they lack sexual appetite. It is assumed that men between 18 and 35 are at their sexual peak, but the fact is that many older men are completely rejuvenated by dating younger women. Moreover, older men come with loads of experience about how to satisfy their partner.
- One other common myth about dating older men is that they are wealthy. Now, that’s not always true. Not all older men are Donald Trump. Some older men may have kids and have to bear their costs, make investment plans, and pay alimony until they retire.
- Another myth is that older men are not impulsive. Again, this is not a fact, just a generalized statement! And, even if they are not impulsive, it may benefit you. At times, it’s much better to have a set plan and work accordingly. Such calculated ways could offer some permanence to your life, helping you to gain some direction.
- Yet another common myth about dating older men is that you can transform them and change them. Getting older men to change their lifestyle is generally impossible. Older men come with experience, and they know what they want and desire. Expecting them to be open to change is like expecting a miracle to happen.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.