When kids are happy, cruises for the family are more fun. This is especially true when the cruise ships provide themes that delight children and adults. There are plenty of themed cruises available on different cruise lines.
These cruises offer great food, lodging, and offshore excursions to beautiful places. They also allow families to get involved in some fascinating activities with characters and even celebrities.
Tell Us: What Part of the World Do You Like to Visit?
It’s great for the kids and wonderful for parents who can become kids again. Here are six themed cruises for family fun to go along with your vacation adventures:
1. Star Trek Cruises — Themed parties, interactive games, competitions, dramatic performances, and Star Trek actors are included in two voyages from Miami in January 2018. George Takei will be hosting one of the cruises, and such stars as Brent Spiner and LeVar Burton will be joining in on the Norwegian Jade.
2. Marvel Day at Sea — Marvel’s greatest heroes join passengers on a cruise from New York to the Bahamas for a day on Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Magic in November 2017. Kids get to meet Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and others. Comic book villains will also be on board.
3. DreamWorks— Family fun with the characters from Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and Madagascar is part of the DreamWorks Experience aboard several ships with Royal Caribbean. Scavenger hunts, themed family activities, and dining with favorite characters are all part of the voyages.
4. Camp Ocean — Carnival Cruise Line’s Camp Ocean program provides marine themes for young children and teens. Families can enjoy activities, outdoor pools, and large at-sea water parks on participating Carnival ships. There are even an IMAX theater and multiplex screens on board.
Latest: What's Your Favorite Type of Vacation? Relaxing or Exploring?
5. Amazon Family Breakaway— Backroads offers a unique Amazon River adventure with a cruise tour and walking tour through the Galapagos and Andes, Cruise Critic reports. Along with the cruise on the Anakonda, families can hike through the Andes or enjoy the wildlife in the Galapagos, even swimming or snorkeling with sea turtles and sea lions, with cruises taking place in July and December.
6. Free-style family cruising— No tight schedules are needed on certain family voyages with Norwegian Cruise Lines. Adults can take their children to dinner or other activities just about anytime with its “free-style” cruises, according to the Travel Channel. Kids enjoy Cirque du Soleil-themed activities or games while teens have sports and nighttime events.
Vote Now: Should the Government Be Doing More to Promote Tourism in America?
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.