Sailing the seas on a cruise becomes even more adventurous when enhanced by the many exciting onboard activities that keep getting better. Cruise passengers certainly enjoy their destinations to faraway places, but there’s never a boring moment on the ship.
Sports enthusiasts, entertainment lovers, and people who just love to learn something new can find interesting or thrilling events while onboard. There’s a whole new world on many cruise ships that comes with traveling to different parts of the world.
Here are seven of the most exciting onboard activities you can enjoy during a cruise:
1. Glass-floored walkway — The 60-foot glass seawalk aboard the Royal Princess extends some 28 feet past the starboard side, 128 feet above water, Fodor’s Travel reports. Passengers can enjoy this unique view on the ship’s Caribbean and Mediterranean voyages.
2. Virtual porthole — Interior cabins are often used because they are less expensive, but people can still get a beautiful ocean view with the high-definition live video feeds aboard the Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas and Disney Magic from the Disney Cruise Line. Disney also includes special effects on the real-time video feeds, Fodor’s notes.
Latest: What's Your Favorite Type of Vacation? Relaxing or Exploring?
3. Onboard Broadway — Watching a Broadway show is included on certain Norwegian Cruise Line ships. Plays range from “Cats” and “Saturday Night Fever” to “Rock of Ages” and “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.” The shows don’t cost anything extra because they are included in cruise packages, Cruise Critic points out.
4. Surfing and skydiving — Simulators allow these exciting onboard activities with nine ships on the Royal Caribbean International line. There’s the FlowRider that provides surfing and boogie boarding. The iFly by RipCord lets you vertical skydive.
Tell Us: What Part of the World Do You Like to Visit?
5. Scaling the ropes — Exciting ropes courses can be tried out on such ships as Carnival’s Magic, Breeze, Sunshine, and Vista, which have the 16-piece SkyCourse, according to Cruise Critic. Norwegian has 40-piece ropes courses on its Getaway, Breakaway, and Escape ships.
6. World festivals — Experiencing the traditions and cultures from around the world can be enjoyed onboard on certain destinations from Princess Cruise Lines. Your exciting onboard activities may include Oktoberfest and Mardi Gras or Rio’s Carnival, Mexican Fiesta, and other festivals, depending on the cruise.
7. Enjoying art — You can see and learn about some of the finest art while onboard a cruise ship. Certain Princess ships have extensive art galleries and also have art lectures for interested passengers.
Vote Now: Should the Government Be Doing More to Promote Tourism in America?
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.