Toxins accumulated in the colon are eliminated by colon cleansing, a practice that claims to have started in ancient Egypt centuries ago. Rapid changes in lifestyle are making more people consider colon cleansing, though medical opinion about the procedure is sharply divided.
Here is a list of popular colon cleansing myths that have been widely circulated:
- Colon cleansing is not necessary: The truth of natural colon cleansing is that it is among the most important detoxifying processes you can have. Some doctors opine that colon cleansing isn’t necessary for the body. However, considering the amount of processed and unhealthy foods that we consume every day, it seems sensible to practice this detox. The human body is not designed to digest ingredients containing excessive fats and carbohydrates with significantly reduced dietary fiber; hence causing sluggishness in the digestive system and leading it to store undigested materials in the colon lining. This inefficiency can be easily treated by colon cleansing.
- Colon cleanse is used only to lose weight: During the colon cleansing, a diet rich with high colon cleansing fiber is consumed along with a lot of water to help in eliminating any toxins from the body through increased bowel movements. Organic food and minerals form the staple food during the colon cleansing procedure. This leads to a healthier and stronger system which also impacts body weight. The truth about natural colon cleansing is that it is not used solely to reduce body weight.
- Colon cleansing is an instant cure: This colon cleansing myth is not true as colon cleansing is by no means an instant cure. This method of detoxification removes all the waste material stuck in the colon, making various body processes like digestion and circulation more efficient. Long-term use of colon cleansing slowly helps the body become healthier and cure or prevent associated diseases such as obesity.
- Colon cleansing is very expensive: With a wide array of products for colon cleansing becoming available on the market today, a number of popular cleanses are not that expensive, given excessive competition. The truth about natural colon cleansing is that instead of buying artificial products on the market, you can easily use home remedies for your natural colon cleanse. This is not only cheaper but also a more effective method.
- You should drink more water during a cleansing to remove more toxins: Drinking water during a colon cleanse is highly essential but not because it helps eliminate toxins. This common colon cleansing myth was revealed when scientists explained that the water is necessary to keep the colon cleansing fiber moist, as it otherwise tends to dehydrate the colon. There is a possible chance of dehydration if insufficient water is consumed along with the fiber.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.