Halitosis is bad or foul smelling breath. Halitosis can be acute (short term) or chronic (long term) depending on the cause. It may indicate the need to clean the teeth and mouth more often and more efficiently. It can also indicate tooth or gum disease, or intestinal
disorders. This odor can strike periodically or be persistent, depending on the cause. The treatment for halitosis is determined by the cause.
Causes of Halitosis include:
- Poor oral hygiene
- Retained food particles in the mouth
- Gum disease
- Unclean tongue
- Other causes of halitosis have been found to be diabetes, drugs, heavy metal accumulation, smoking, and tooth decay.
The symptoms of halitosis are:
- Dry mouth
- Systemic illness (diabetes, liver infection)
- Infections in the mouth
- Respiratory tract infection
The Top Natural Supplements for Halitosis Treatment include:
- Brushing your teeth with baking soda.
- Brush and rinse using hydrogen peroxide when you have an upper respiratory infection. It is an effective chronic halitosis treatment.
- Gargling with salt water is a natural treatment for halitosis.
- Fenugreek water is an excellent natural supplement for halitosis. Mix a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds with half a liter of water and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Strain and drink the simmered liquid as you would drink tea.
- Chewing unripe guava fruit or its tender leaves is an effective treatment for halitosis.
- Eating avocado is also an effective chronic halitosis treatment.
- Chewing areca nut and betel leaf is an excellent chronic halitosis treatment.
- Garlic is a natural antibiotic. Use the odorless form of garlic to treat halitosis.
- Anise, cloves, fennel, and parsley are helpful in taking care of bad breath.
- Chewing cardamom seeds will sweeten the breath and prevent bad breath.
Treatments for Halitosis may include:
- Regular dental checkups, cleaning, flossing, and brushing your teeth and tongue twice a day can greatly reduce or even eliminate halitosis.
- Botanical treatments such as eucalyptus oil and menthol make for excellent chronic halitosis treatments.
- Hydro floss oral irrigator is used in chronic halitosis treatment.
- Gently cleaning the surface of the tongue helps keep bad breath under control. It is an effective chronic halitosis treatment.
- Chewing sugarless gum is another halitosis treatment. It helps produce saliva and prevents dry mouth.
- Gargling with mouthwash is another treatment for halitosis.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.