Treatment of the sexually transmitted disease chlamydia needs a multi-dimensional approach. Since the Chlamydia bacteria spreads very quickly and can typically stay asymptomatic, early screening and diagnosis is of utmost importance.
Sexually active individuals with symptoms such as pain while urination, increased vaginal or penile discharge, and fever must rush to their physician for examination. Diagnostic tests are conducted at STD screening and treatment centers and include a physical check up and urine culture analysis before the start of any treatment for chlamydia.
While most individuals prefer to consult their primary care providers for the treatment of chlamydia, the U.S. Health Department also provides the public with an option to visit free and specialized chlamydia treatment centers and STD screening clinics. Minors may visit these treatment centers without their parents by simply registering themselves at the reception desk. The treatment for chlamydia is usually quite safe, effective, and not very expensive.
Top Treatment Centers:
The treatment for chlamydia is provided at many private clinics, nursing homes, and government-approved free treatment centers across the United States. There are quite a few websites that help locate the nearest treatment centers for chlamydia by simply entering your preferred state and location. Listed below are the top ten reputed chlamydia treatment centers as rated by top agencies:
1. New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene: Examination and treatment facilities are available for chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases including HIV/AIDS. New York City residents may call 311 or send an SMS as 212 NEWYORK.
2. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.: A non-profit medical organization that treats many complex diseases and disorders including chlamydia.
3. John Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore: Ranked No.1 among all hospitals for its reputed Gynecology department that deals with the treatment of chlamydia and other venereal diseases.
4. Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Mass.
5. Massachusetts General Hospital
6. Magee -Womens Hospital of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pa.
7. San Francisco Medical Centre, San Francisco, Calif.
8. Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH.
9. Stanford Hospitals and Clinics, Palo Alto, Calif.
10. North Western Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Ill.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.