Eye surgery for cataracts is one of the most common operations performed in the United States. Approximately three million Americans undergo cataract surgery every year at various cataract treatment centers.
About 90 percent of patients have normal vision restored after undergoing cataract surgery. A physician can help the patient decide on the best cataract treatment center.
According to annual U.S. News Best Hospitals rankings for 2010-2011, the following are the ten best cataract treatment centers in the United States.
1. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami, Miami, FL
2. Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD
3. Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
4. Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
5. Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
6. University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
7. Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
8. Doheny Eye Institute, USC University Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
9. University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
10. Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Cataract surgery cost varies and depends on the surgeon, the facilities, and the place. Most health insurance companies cover the cost of cataract surgery.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.