Cancer is infamous for being a deadly disease. While this certainly applies to certain types of cancers, advances in medical care have ensured that the illness can be combated with a mix of proper medication and a focus on environment, nutrition and diet. The best approach for people with cancer lies in following diets that support their immune system through drug therapy, both for cancer prevention and treatment.
Cancer Diet Plan
Evidence is mounting that the minerals, vitamins, and phyto chemicals in plant foods interact to provide extra cancer protection. While certain foods are found to encourage the growth of cancer, others lessen the risk. Certain compounds in foods like fiber and antioxidants can help build immunity and cleanse the body, thus preventing unnecessary damage to the cells (a prelude to cancer).
Here are the 10 best diet tips for people with cancer:
- Eat plenty of fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, apples, watermelons, pomegranate, papaya, pineapple, strawberries, and pears. These are all loaded with glutathione-a compound that flushes carcinogenic toxins out of the body.
- Eat a few nuts everyday like almonds, walnuts, or peanuts. Raisins and dates are also an essential part of a cancer diet. These are rich in vitamin E, magnesium, zinc, and essential oils and proteins, that may suppress the growth of cancer.
- Cut down on the intake of animal products in your diet. This decreases your exposure to chemicals and harmful additives that are used in animal feed.
- Instead of eating one cup of green vegetables at meals, try eating two to three cups instead. They have nutrients that increase the body’s immunity and aid the detoxification process.
- Fiber plays a crucial role in picking up and eliminating waste and toxins from the body, thus preventing them from settling down and developing into health problems such as prostate cancer, colon cancer, etc.
- Increase intake of whole grains like millets, wheat, oats, and unpolished or brown rice, as they contain polyphenols and lignans, which are powerful antioxidants
- Olive oil is also believed to contain certain protective qualities against breast and prostate cancer. These protective qualities are found in the monounsaturated fatty acids present in olive oil. For salads and dressings you could use one tablespoon of extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil.
- Learn to love soybeans for their anticancer properties. Soy milk, tofu, or products like tempeh and miso may also be added to the cancer diet.
- Eliminate alcohol, smoking, and tobacco completely.
- Restrict consumption of overly salted or cured, smoked, and pickled foods. If one is overweight, losing weight will also help.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.