Borderline personality disorder prognosis is extremely difficult as it is a multi-symptomatic condition that makes it very difficult for psychologists and behavioral therapists to diagnose effectively.
There are no clear-cut borderline personality disorder causes; however, some of the symptoms are pretty definitive and enable quick diagnosis, if correctly observed.
BPD symptoms include, but are not limited to the following:
• A feeling of intense isolation and lack of social support
• Boredom, emptiness, and constantly misunderstanding others
• Constantly seeking solace in relationships
• Feelings of anxiety and abandonment
• Constant anger and hatred
• Dangerous and violent behavior
• Ridiculously high emotional preferences
• Excess eating and money spending
• Extremely serious emotional problems
• Severe and frequent mood swings
• Suicidal tendencies
• Temporary paranoia
There is no specific borderline personality disorder test for diagnosis. Borderline personality disorder diagnosis is often done by observing the patients for certain traits. Mental health professionals employ questionnaires such as PDQ, PDQ-R, Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI).MMPI-2, MCMI-III, Rorschach Psycho diagnostic Test, and TAT to analyze borderline personality disorder traits.
For more information on borderline personality disorder, see below:
Borderline Personality Disorder: Top Five Symptoms
Borderline Personality Disorder Research
Borderline Personality Disorder: Top Drugs That Work
How to Treat Borderline Personality Disorder
Borderline Personality Disorder: Latest Medical Breakthroughs
How to Help Someone With Borderline Personality Disorder
© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.