Opulent luxury vacations are a wonderful way to treat yourself, and they shouldn’t be limited to only the summer months. Whether you embrace the virtues of winter weather and snow or you’re looking to escape the cold, these luxury destinations are sure to delight.
1. Aspen, Colorado – A skier and winter sports enthusiast’s dream-come-true, Aspen is in its full glory in winter. Harper’s Bazaar recommends staying at its only five-star, five-diamond hotel, The Little Nell. The hotel is the only ski-in, ski-out on Aspen mountain and has housed many VIP guests in its history.
Latest: What's Your Favorite Type of Vacation? Relaxing or Exploring?
2. Lake Tahoe, California – Few destinations can match the winter beauty of scenic Lake Tahoe, and it’s a skier’s paradise. If you’re looking for the ultimate luxury experience, TripAdvisor recommends renting the award-winning Mountain Masterpiece cabin that combines rustic elegance with modern touches that take it over the top.
3. Whistler, British Columbia, Canada – Whistler is arguably the best ski destination in North America, but even if you’re not into outdoor sports, there is plenty of luxury to enjoy indoors if you rent the super-luxury Akasha Estate. According to TripAdvisor, the estate sleeps 12 comfortably and boasts heated flagstone patios, an indoor pool fed by a picturesque indoor stream, multiple fireplaces, and amazing views from all sides.
Tell Us: What Part of the World Do You Like to Visit?
4. Cambodia – For the luxury adventure of a lifetime, Forbes recommends Song Saa Private Island. Escape the cold weather of winter and indulge in one of 27 private villas, many built on stilts over the water. The spiritual tranquility of the island permeates every experience, including the “sanctuaries” where relaxing spa treatments are offered.
5. Antigua – Enjoy the tropics during the winter and stay at Hermitage Bay. Forbes describes the resort as being refreshingly contemporary and “free of the nostalgia that encumbers so many island resorts.” The private bungalows are clean and modern with amazing views of the beach and private outdoor showers. The on-site restaurant is supplied by the resort’s own organic garden.
Vote Now: Should the Government Be Doing More to Promote Tourism in America?
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.