For centuries, dogs have assisted man in hunting, retrieval, guarding, sporting activities, recreation, and have served as some of the best companions. Dogs are very clever, loyal, and can understand the moods of their masters. Here are the five best dogs for companionship:
1. Bichon Frise: Bichons are small with curly hair that requires frequent cutting and grooming. With a cheerful attitude, these dogs are intelligent, playful, and friendly, developing attachment to their owners. They are shy with strangers, but make good watchdogs because they are very inquisitive; they are also good with children, other dogs, and pets.
2. Boxer: These are medium-sized dogs with short hair; they are very agile and playful and are great with children. In addition to being good guard dogs, boxers are some of the best dogs for companionship because they are highly energetic, spirited, and extremely loyal to the family.
3. Bulldog: These descendents from mastiffs are medium in size, have short hair, and can be very quiet. Sensitive to cold and heat, they love the indoors and can live comfortably in an apartment. Bulldogs are good-natured dogs that can get along with a family very well – they are caring toward children and known for their gentleness and good temper.
4. Poodle: Poodles are cute and elegant. They can be small to medium sized, with long curly hair that requires cutting and grooming. Poodles can be the best dogs for companionship because they are intelligent and quick learners. They are sensitive, adaptable, and very loyal to the family. Poodles can also serve as good watchdogs.
5. Chihuahua: These are small dogs with short hair. They are suitable for adults, but not very compatible with children and may occasionally bite out of jealousy. They are very loyal to their owners and curious, intelligent, and quick learners.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.