Healthy eating and adopting a positive attitude is very important to achieve healthy weight loss and also to successfully keep off the excess weight permanently.
The best diet plans are the plans which help to keep off the weight naturally by balancing the correct food choices with regular exercise routines. The best diets motivate the weight loss seekers to continue following the principles of healthy eating even after the end of the weight loss phase.
Keep off the weight by choosing the diet food plan that is not based on popular diet plans but is effectively customized according to your own lifestyle, food preferences, and activity levels. The key points which must be kept in mind to ensure weight loss and prevent rebound weight gain are as follows:
- Avoid skipping meals and include a variety of colors in your food plan- Skipping meals leads to a slowed metabolism which does not allow you to lose weight and may even result in overeating later. Adding a variety of colorful fruits and vegetable ensures adequate intake of all vital nutrients.
- Balance and moderation- Balancing your food intake means getting enough, but not too much, of each type of food group. The diet plan which focuses on keeping portion sizes under reasonable limits and looks at the quality of the calories eaten rather than the number of calories only are sure to show weight loss results.
- Base the diet plan with foods that are rich in complex carbohydrates such as whole grains, fresh fruits (limit sugar dense fruits like bananas and grapes), pulses, and vegetables. These foods arm the body with fiber and nutrients, and are also low in calorie density.
- Limit the intake of saturated fats, stimulants, and salt. The best diet plans do not cut down the fat intake but emphasize adding healthy omega 3 fatty acids (present in olive oil, nuts, and avocadoes) in the diet.
- Be active- Being physically active for at least 30 to 40 minutes a day helps to keep the weight off. Regular exercise encourages a positive mental outlook, builds muscles, and improves blood pressure and sugar levels.
- Maintain an accurate daily food diary to record the deviations from the diet plan and also your weight loss every week.
- Set realistic weight loss goals. Make gradual and practical dietary modifications which can be incorporated as a way of life for a lifetime of good health.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.