What are the best Christmas recipes that you can cook that will be delicious, easy, and something different? Try these five best Christmas recipes for your celebration this year:
- Balsamic Chicken Salad- this dish is wonderful when serving a brunch or lunch for your family and only has 4 ingredients: 10 oz package of baby salad greens, 10 oz of grilled chicken (or turkey), 1/2 pound of cubed Havarti cheese, 1/2 cup of balsamic dressing. Mix, toss, and serve.
- Philly Potatoes - This is a great side dish and something different from the traditional mashed potatoes. Prepare your traditional mashed potatoes and add 2 tablespoons of chives, 8oz of cream cheese, and 1 egg slightly beaten. Mix this all together and bake at 350 covered for 10 minutes then uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Pork Potato Chops-What a yummy main dish for a party or big dinner night. Season 6 boneless pork chops with salt and pepper. Then, combine 2 packages of dry onion gravy mix with 1 can of chicken broth. Pour over chops and 4 red sliced potatoes. Heat until it boils, then simmer until chops and potatoes are tender.
- Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie- Simply chop up your leftover turkey or chicken, add to it a bag of frozen vegetables, a can of cream of mushroom or chicken soup, and 1 lb of refrigerated biscuit dough. Roll out your dough and put half in the bottom of the pie plate and save the rest for the top. Combine your vegetables and soup mixture and pour into the pie plate, topping with the remainder of the pie crust that has slits in the top. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- 7 Sins Dessert- Yes, it is sinfully delicious. Crush 24 oreo cookies and combine with 1/4 cup of butter to make a crust in a 9x13 pan. Freeze for 30 minutes. Then, top with 1/2 gallon of softened ice cream and freeze another 30 minutes. Make a syrup with condensed low-fat milk, chocolate syrup, and 1/2 cup of butter. Combine in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 min. Add in vanilla. Pour on top of ice cream and then freeze for another 30 minutes. Lastly, cover with Cool-Whip and sprinkle with crushed pecans. About 30 minutes prior to serving, transfer to the refrigerator.
None of the above are traditional dishes, but they're all easy to make and delicious. Try something different this year as you feed your family and friends and enjoy your extra free time.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.