Cats are sometimes unfairly considered to be unfriendly toward children. Fortunately, there are many breeds of cats that are friendly around children including:
1. The Abyssinian is known as the best cat for children. Being the oldest breed of family cats, Abyssinians are medium-sized cats that come in solid colors, such as red, chocolate, blue-gray, fawn, and cream. Being quite agile, loyal, and intelligent, these top the list of the best cats for children. These are also popular for their sense of humor and make great friends with kids and enjoy interactive play with them.
2. The Ragdoll also tops the list of the best cat for children. These sweet, lively cats possess docile temperaments. Their gentle disposition makes them great with children. These cats are born white and slowly develop a different color and pattern. These are social cats and are one of the best pets for children.
3. American curls are friendly and affectionate with children. Being even-tempered, they get along well with everyone in the house, including other pets. These sweet cats enjoy the company of children. Born with straight ears, American curls start developing curly ears within 2-10 days up until four months.
4. Snowshoes are good-natured cats, which makes them great with children. White markings on their paws make snowshoes unique. Children love their company because they are easy-going and loving companions. Popularly known as lap cats, snowshoes are quite active and affectionate, and do not like to be left alone.
5. Burmese is another great cat for children. Being affectionate by nature, Burmese long for company, attention, and love. They love to be loved and caressed and are the perfect breed of lap cats. These cats love to cuddle and enjoy being friends with children. Burmese are also friendly cats that get along well with most people.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.