Vitamins are organic nutrients essential for the proper functioning of the body and healthy living. They work chemically with enzymes and help the process of metabolism, tissue repair, cell production, and other important activities. The body can manufacture only vitamins D, K, and B (biotin) from sources other than dietary intake. The rest of the vitamins are supplied to the body through food and supplements.
Vitamins are either fat-soluble or water-soluble. The water-soluble vitamins include vitamin C and the B-complex vitamins. They dissolve in water and cannot be stored by the body. Excess amounts of vitamins are flushed out of the body through urine. Since the body cannot store these vitamins, they need to be replenished daily. Vitamin B6 comes in three major forms: pyridoxine, pyridoxalm, and pyridoxamine.
Here are the Top Five Benefits of Vitamin B6:
1. Vitamin B6 helps maintain healthy brain function.
2. The vitamin plays a key role in synthesizing antibodies that are needed to fight various diseases.
3.Vitamin B6 helps in maintaining normal nerve function. It plays a crucial role in the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin. It also assists normal nerve cell communication.
4. The vitamin helps in forming red blood cells.
5. It helps in breaking down and digesting proteins. So, the higher the protein intake, the greater is the requirement of vitamin B6.
Editor's Note: This Common Metal Keeps Your Heart Beating
Common signs and symptoms associated with vitamin B6 deficiency are:
1. Sore tongue
2. Impaired nerves
5. Morning sickness (more pronounced in pregnant women)
9. Incidents of still born babies (in cases of women with severe deficiency)
11.Carpel tunnel syndrome
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.