While the sun, sand, and sea remain common factors, the experience varies from beach to beach.
The following are five of the best beach vacation spots in the U.S.:
- Florida Beach: The rare combination of coast-to-coast beaches makes Florida a beach destination for family and children of all ages. When planning a vacation to Florida, there are certain things that you should not miss out on. Sunbathing is a priority as is surfing, but there are many fun activities like boogie boarding, art walks, shopping, fishing, snorkeling, sailing, and a turtle quest that will keep you engaged. The seafood is exceptional on Florida beaches. Tickle your taste buds with roasted shrimp, lobster, and delicious key lime pies. You could participate in the festivities in Miami and the Florida Keys. The luxurious ambience of Palm Beach and Boca Raton, and the endless beaches and great sunsets on the Gulf Coast are what bring tourists to Florida.
- Virginia Beach: This is a dream beach destination with soft, clean sand, lots of sunshine, white puffy clouds drifting over the horizon, and the breeze blowing while birds circle the foamy surf. You can gorge on delicious Italian pizza and ice-cream and do a traditional boardwalk. Shopping is also a delight at the swanky shops in Virginia. Virginia Beach is one of the world’s longest beaches and offers varied activities suited for families on vacation.
- South Carolina: North Myrtle Beach area is a popular spot for beach holidays. With luxurious resorts, hotels, and condos, Myrtle Beach is a good vacation spot. This stretch of coastline offers beaches with warm waters and plenty of golf. Music, dance, theatre, fishing in fresh or salt water, water sports, hiking, shopping, and star gazing are some of the activities you can indulge in during your stay at the beach. Other prominent beach rentals and resorts in South Carolina are located in Windy Hill Beach, Crescent Beach, Ocean Drive, and Cherry Grove Beach.
- California Beach: Located in the South of San Francisco, Santa Cruz has 29 miles of beaches and is a classic holiday destination. Huntington Beach in Orange County, close to Disneyland, is known as “Surf City U.S.A.” The beach has nice hotels and resorts and also offers surfing lessons. San Diego Beach has a lot of water sports and fun attractions and a couple of trendy beach hotels. Another interesting option for a weekend break or holiday is the Santa Barbara Family Vacation Center which offers a lovely view of the sea and has low-cost beach-side lodgings. There are many activities that you can participate in during the summer here.
- Texas: With lots of sun, sand, and water sports, the Texas Gulf coast offers families an ideal beach holiday. Explore the beach stretching from Port Aransas to Galveston or stroll on the sand and go boot scooting. You can also observe the turtle hatchlings heading for the sea.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.