How can you know if you are suffering from anxiety? There are many symptoms, some obvious and others more subtle.Among these symptoms are:
- Excessive worry - worrying can be normal, but it is not when it controls you.
- Exaggerated life problems - everything appears bigger than it is.
- Irritable - You may find yourself snapping at loved ones.
- Restlessness - you feel as if you must do something all the time.
- Tenseness - you feel stressed and your body reacts to this.
- Headaches brought on by out of control emotions.
- Unable to concentrate - Your mind is likely mulling over each situation that worries you.
- Sweating - an outward sign of inner stress.
- Tired, but unable to sleep
Generalized anxiety disorder is estimated to affect about 4 millions adults in a one year time period. You can begin to experience anxiety as a child, teenager, or adult. Many times, anxiety is triggered by environmental factors such as abuse, the death of a loved one, divorce, moving from one school or job to another, or any event that causes extreme stress.
For some people, anxiety is the result of a nervous breakdown. Generally, the mind is not able to wrap itself around situations or feelings. When your mind is controlled by anxiety, you feel at a loss of how to handle every day, normal events. If you feel unable to control your emotions, then you are probably suffering from anxiety and may need treatment. The more out of control you feel the harder it is for you to stop anxiety attacks.
If you feel that you are suffering from anxiety, it may be best to consult a professional for help.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.