Acne is one of the most common skin ailments, and people tend to use all kinds of options as acne treatments. Some people particularly trust home remedies for treating back acne and acne scars. However, consulting a dermatologist is also important and advisable.
Here are a few options you may choose to treat different types of acne:
1. Facial Cleansers: Use a good over-the-counter gentle facial cleanser. A good anti-acne variety of liquid face wash is also recommended. After using the face wash, the skin should be dried using disposable soft wipes.
2. Skin Care Products: Use skin care products that contain benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. Benzoyl peroxide based products are particularly effective in treating Grade I Acne.
3. For managing Grade II Acne, a combination of products is generally prescribed by a dermatologist. Exfoliation is recommended along with established anti-acne medications.
4. Antibacterial Drugs: These are the most common types of drugs advised to treat acne, as bacteria are responsible for acne.
5. Keratolytic Agents: These are particularly useful for treating acne cysts. Keratolytic agents can remove dead skin cells, which combine with sebum and block pores.
6. Anti-inflammatory Drugs: These may also be used to treat acne, as they are helpful in managing the swelling and irritability associated with infected skin.
For more on acne, see below:
Best Acne Medications
Acne: How Your Diet Plays a Role
Acne: Latest Medical Breakthroughs
Top 5 Symptoms of Acne
Low Glycemic Foods Fight Acne
© 2015 Newsmax. All rights reserved.