Entertainment, dining out, and comfortable accommodations are made a whole lot more enjoyable with the hospitality discounts offered through an AARP membership. People can take advantage of these savings and benefits when they reach age 50 and join the programs through the AARP Foundation.
There are certain consumer needs that become less expensive when becoming a member. But members also save significantly when going out for a night on the town or enjoying a vacation across the country or throughout the world.
Here are 8 of the best hospitality discounts for AARP members:
1. Restaurant deals — Discounts have long been an AARP membership advantage whether dining out or vacationing on the road. Discounts range from 10-percent off for dinners at Outback Steakhouse or Carrabba’s Italian Grill to 15-percent off at Denny’s.
Tip: How to Retire Comfortably on $2,000
2. Entertainment discounts — See exciting shows in Las Vegas or other cities at up to 20-percent savings. Members get huge discounts on Cirque du Soleil tickets for the latest stage extravaganzas.
3. Hotel discounts — Average savings on exclusive hotel deals can save members between 10 and 20 percent at such hotels as Best Western, Hyatt, Wyndham, and Hilton, Hotel Planner reports. AARP members can choose from thousands of participating hotels when traveling around the world to receive a 10-percent discount on rates. Members also benefit from such deals as free continental breakfasts and even free local calls at many locations, according to Choice Hotels. Other hotels, such as La Quinta Inns & Suites, also offer free breakfasts.
4. Reward points and airline miles — Accumulate reward benefits with AARP rates through the Choice Privileges program with Choice Hotels, which has some 6,300 hotels in more than 35 countries and territories. AARP members can also get upgrades on membership rewards programs. They have the advantage of late check-out.
Alert: Gingrich and Reagan Video Goes Viral. See It Now.
5. Online search advantages — The AARP Travel Center can save members hundreds of dollars on certain hotel rates and flights. The online center, powered by Expedia, allows members to search by location, arrival and departure dates, and number of people.
6. Rental cars — Exclusive savings are available from Avis, Budget, and Payless rental cars. Members receive 10- to 25-percent discounts at Budget Rent A Car for domestic and international vehicles. Most rentals have free unlimited mileage and upgrades from compact through full-size cars.
7. Worldwide travel deals — Enjoy land tours, river cruises, and rail journeys with such companies as Collette for AARP members. Members can get up to $500 off per person for London and Paris tours or $400 per person off on Panama tours.
8. Railway excursions — See the Grand Canyon and get 15-percent off train tickets. Members can score deals on train travel, meals, and hotel accommodations. Members can also save 5 percent, or up to $175 per person, on railway adventures to such places as Europe, Alaska, and Canada.
Special: Weird Trick Adds Up to $1,000 to Your Social Security Checks
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.