Many seniors love the discounts they get through an AARP membership with great deals from traveling or staying at the finest hotels. Members sometimes don’t think about the great discounts available every day at some of the best restaurants.
If you are age 50 or over, you can join AARP for as little as $16 a year with special pricing for three- or five-year memberships. When members take advantage of meals and treats, they can maximize their savings throughout the year.
Be sure to check the AARP website often for the latest on restaurant discounts.
Alert: Loophole Can Qualify Senior for $20,500 Check
Here are eight of the best restaurant discounts for members:
1. Denny’s — AARP members get 15 percent off their meals at this popular restaurant for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, according to EatDrinkDeals.
2. sweetFrog Premium Frozen Yogurt — There are 15-percent discounts for in-store and online purchases on frozen yogurt and other treats. You can also save 15 percent on gift cards purchased online.
3. Outback Steakhouse — You can save 10 percent on your entire dining bill for lunch or dinner any day of the week, according to AARP. Just show a valid AARP membership card for delicious steaks, chicken, seafood, salads, soups, and sides.
4. Dunkin Donuts — Get a free doughnut with the purchase of a large or extra large coffee, the Balance reports.
Tip: 4 Things You'll Feel Before a Heart Attack
5. Bonefish Grill— Fresh market fish and grilled specialties are offered at 10 percent off at participating locations.
6. Oceanside Seafood Room — Save 10 percent every day with your AARP membership card for fresh fish dinners and non-alcoholic beverages.
7. Carrabba’s Italian Grill— Enjoy wonderful Italian dishes, such as Pork Chop Marsala and Cavatappi Franco, for a 10-percent discount at any Carrabba’s.
8. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. — What made “Forrest Gump” famous is now yours with Southern-style dishes at 10 percent off every day. Along with fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, or coconut shrimp, you can also try baby back ribs, burgers, and fish.
Important: Here's How to Never Run Out of Money During Retirement
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.