Congratulations. You have made up your mind to get married and the date is set. The next step is to find the perfect wedding venue for taking your vows.
You may or may not have an idea of what sort of wedding venue you are looking for, what you want in a wedding reception location, and what “perfect” means for you and your partner in terms of a wedding location.
Knowing just the logistics of your wedding party may not help you zero in on a wedding location. However, it may be the first step in getting there.
There are a number of ways you can approach the hunt for a wedding venue. Here are some tips on where to start:
- Choose the town: If you know which town you are considering as a wedding location, there are a number of resources that can help you decide between various wedding venues. Go online and research specific wedding locations and wedding reception halls available in the town. An Internet search will give you a number of venue options.
- Optimize Internet: The advantage of Internet searches is that you can see wedding venues without having to travel there. You can even find testimonials about the various locations from online forums. Online networking is another excellent way to get recommendations and ideas that will guide your search for wedding locations, the best wedding venues, and wedding reception halls. Social media and other networking places provide both speed of response and breadth of discussion, which can be extremely helpful for deciding on the best wedding venue.
- Yellow pages or travel guides: These resources for your town may list public buildings, convention centers, community halls, country clubs, and restaurants you can rent as wedding venues and wedding reception halls. You can also go back and check these listings on the internet, and look for pictures to refine your search. Your local tourism board and travel agent can also be of great help.
- Magazines and specialists: Magazines, especially wedding-related ones, can be a great resource. They not only have listings but detailed ideas and well-researched information about all aspects of dream weddings.
- Chamber of Commerce: Contacting your Chamber of Commerce for information on parks (in case you want an open-air wedding venue) or public buildings may be a smart idea.
- Theme wedding venues: If you are looking at a particular kind of wedding venue but are flexible about the town, then a tourism board or travel agent can help. They have the latest and most detailed information and can help you with the pricing as well. You could also think of hiring a wedding planner to organize the location for you, if the budget isn’t a constraint.
- People in the know: A good way to find the best wedding venue is to talk to people. Talk to your wedding photographer or stylist or dressmaker; they may know a lot of different places. Your friends and family may have an amazing wealth of information and ideas, especially if you are open to private residences as wedding venues or wedding reception venues.
Finding a wedding venue is a vital component of planning the perfect wedding. With just a little planning, you can find the best wedding venue that will give you a great start to your life together.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.