Drastic changes in lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits have resulted in indigestion becoming a common problem, regardless of age. Even young children are now facing this problem.
Some of the common causes of indigestion are:
- Imbalance of stomach acids or digestive enzymes
- Eating heavy meals with difficult to digest foods
- Excessive smoking and alcohol
- Drinking too much water during meals
- Eating too many spicy and fatty foods
- Pregnancy related problems
- Food allergies
Using too many laxatives can weaken the colon. Ideally, laxatives should be used only in the case of chronic indigestion. Thankfully, you can find many simple and effective natural cures for indigestion in your own kitchen. Here are the top five fruits and vegetables that can provide relief for indigestion:
1.One of the easiest and most effective ways to reduce indigestion pain is to reduce your intake of meat and substitute it with green leafy vegetables. These have a huge fiber content that help relieve constipation. Parsley, turnips, and soybeans are also great alkalizing foods. Spices like turmeric powder, cumin seeds, coriander, fennel, and asafetida make the food easy to digest.
2. A glass of warm milk before going to bed helps create regular bowel movements the next morning. In cases of severe constipation, mixing two teaspoons of castor oil in the milk works well.
3. Natural herbs such as aloe ferox have natural laxative properties and act as a tonic for the liver.
4. Drink plenty of water. Your system needs to be well hydrated. Most indigestion pains are due to lack of water and fluids in the body. But drinking lots of water once in the day and going without fluids after that is not the solution. Make it a habit to drink water on a regular basis throughout the day.
5. Phylum husk and flaxseed are known to be a great natural cure for indigestion. These contain a large amount of fiber and essential fatty acids. They can help relieve indigestion pain and also remove toxins from the gut. Make sure you drink plenty of water while using these herbs for them to work effectively.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.