Many will say that the best places to eat on Valentine's Day are where ever you can get reservations. But, with a little planning and ingenuity, you can come up with some creative, delicious ideas this year. Keep in mind that most of your larger chain restaurants are going to be packed and that reservations aren't available there even if you wanted to make them. Instead, try some of these ideas for your meal on Valentine's Day.
- That little Italian restaurant you've seen a million times but never stopped into. Try it out for lunch one day before you commit to taking your sweetheart there, but a small out of the way restaurant is the ideal way to celebrate your romance without worrying about big crowds.
- Take her out for breakfast or lunch instead of dinner to avoid the crowds. Who's to say that breakfast can't be just as romantic as any other meal of the day. Order mimosas to go with breakfast and toast to a great idea.
- Fondue restaurants are a great idea for Valentine's Day, and they accept reservations. Places like The Melting Pot are a non-traditional way to spend quality time together. They're a slower paced meal than your typical fair and the chocolate desserts are not to be missed.
- The first place you had a date is always a great place to re-visit on your Valentine's Day together.
- Picnic dinners are a great way to spend the evening on Valentine's Day. While most of the country is covered in snow or cold frigid temperatures, a picnic can still be a romantic alternative, even or especially, on the floor in the living room with a roaring fire for company.
- Cook it together and leave the dishes for tomorrow. Cooking is a fun and sensual activity to undertake together. Perhaps you want to pull out the wok and try a Chinese dinner together or pick the foods you both love the most, regardless of whether they "go together" or not. Then, take a to-go box of dessert upstairs with you for snacking later on.
A good meal can be yours on Valentine's Day with only a little planning and a lot of creativity. Enjoy the food and enjoy your love together even more.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.