Whether you're a new couple discovering love together for the first time or an old married couple that still finds enjoyment in celebrating Valentine's Day together, finding a romantic way to spend Valentine's Day can be a challenege for all. If you're looking for something different to try this year, consider some of these ideas:
- Take her back to the place where you had your first date or first met. This brings up tender feelings of first love and can even mean taking a road trip in certain instances. The look back makes the trip so much more romantic as your recall all the things that made you first fall in love.
- Enjoy the day together. Arrange to take the entire day off from work and spend it together. Hire a babysitter or drop the children off at Grandma's and enjoy spending the day doing the things you never seem to have the time to do together. Maybe catch a movie, go bowling, or sight-see at a national park nearby.
- Get on Netflix or head over to Redbox and rent some romantic movies that you both love and camp out in front of the television with all your favorite comfort foods. Include champagne and lots of desserts to make the night even more special.
- Take a leisurely stroll through botanical gardens or another nearby park. If the weather doesn't permit such a luxury, check out a museum together.
- Hire a limo for a night on the town. Leave the car at home and feel free to have that extra glass of champagne. Go to an elegant restaurant where you can dress up for a change. Or, pick a small intimate restaurant where the two of you can talk and giggle and act like teenagers again.
- Reserve a room at a hotel for the night. Pick one you've always wanted to stay in, but just never had a reason to.
It doesn't have to be a grand gesture that will make the day special for your loved one. It can be a small token gift of a thousand chocolate kisses or a note telling her how much you still love her after all these years that will make it a romantic Valentine's Day for you both.
© 2014 Newsmax. All rights reserved.