California offers a wide variety of options for college students including 109 Community Colleges, 23 state Universities, 10 general University of California (UC) campuses, and various private, independent Colleges.
A popular destination for students, California houses top-ranking colleges and universities. The state remains one of the most sought after destinations for college students.
Here’s a list of the five best educational institutions in California.
1. Stanford University: A private research university located on a 8180 acre campus, Stanford University is widely acknowledged as one of the world’s top universities. The university offers state-of-the-art facilities to students with a world-class library system that houses more than eight million volumes. The university offers programs in Business, Earth Sciences, Education, Engineering, Humanities and Sciences, Law, and Medicine. The institution also offers immense opportunities to participate in sports, arts, and culture.
2. UC – Berkeley: U.C. Berkeley is a premier public university that has consistently ranked as one of the best schools in the U.S. There are a multitude of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs that provide rich opportunities for revolutionary research and creative thinking. The university has the highest number of graduate programs ranked in the top 10 schools by the United States National Research Council. Noted alumni of the University include Academy Award winner Gregory Peck and Olympic gold medal winner and swimmer Natalie Coughlin, among others. The university offers programs in Chemistry, Environmental Design, Journalism, Law, Optometry, Public Health, etc.
3. UCLA: UCLA consists of five undergraduate colleges, seven professional schools, and five professional Health Science schools. The university boasts of a faculty that includes eleven Nobel Laureates. UCLA has more applicants than any other university in the United States. The 419-acre campus houses sculpture gardens, fountains, and museums. Student life is rich with a plethora of activities to choose from including theatre, orchestra, and intramural sports.
4. The University of Southern California, Los Angeles: This university offers various programs including Accounting, Architecture, Business, Cinematic Arts, Communication & Journalism, Education, Music, Fine Arts, Engineering, Law, and Medicine, among others. It is highly acclaimed for its research credentials.
5. California Institute of Technology: This school is a private research institute offering various opportunities for students to specialize in interdisciplinary programs such as Applied Physics, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Computation and Neural Systems, Control and Dynamical Systems, Environmental Science and Engineering, Geo-biology and Astrobiology, etc. The California Institute of Technology is renowned for its high-level research facilities contributing to NASA, The National Science Foundation, and The Department of Health and Human Services.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.