England has fabulous diversity which makes it a great tourist destination. With history dating back to the prehistoric era, vivid impressions of modern-day history, and many sights of the new world, U.K. retreats are a must have on your travel list.
England retreats allow for different types of vacations including the adventurous, literary, and even spiritual. U.K. retreat houses are world renowned for their beauty, and England has something to offer for every traveler.
On that note, let’s look at five great New England retreats.
- Glastonbury: Home to the annual Glastonbury festival, this destination is one of the best spiritual retreats in New England. A popular center is the Earth Spirit Center. Winner of many travel awards, it offers a friendly space dedicated to personal development. Situated five miles from Glastonbury, the Earth Spirit Center, one of the best UK retreats, is adjacent to two natural reserves. It is made from oak timbers and has a medieval feel to it.
- Stonehenge: "The Sacred England — A Celtic Odyssey" takes you on a spiritual journey that covers Glastonbury, Stonehenge, and Avebury. The journey is centered on the town of Marlborough, which is a market town.
- Cornwall: This lovely beachside town of England has many quaint retreats for reflection including "The Mayrose Farm" in Allen Valley is a self-catered cottage retreat. The Mayrose Farm is near the fabulous beaches of Cornwall. Available all year round, it is perfectly suited for short stays, with all amenities provided for and is one of the best UK retreats. It is also close to the gardens of Cornwall and the Bodmin Moor.
- Bath: One of the world’s most beautiful cities and now a heritage city, Bath is home to many hot springs. It is home to some of the best U.K. retreat centers and spas. The Thermae Bath Spa is its most popular spa and boasts being Britain’s only natural thermal spa. The water has traditionally been used to cure rheumatic and muscular disorders, skin ailments, and respiratory issues. There are many luxurious programs that you can opt for at the Thermae Bath Spa.
- Dhanakosa: U.K. even boasts of a Buddhist retreat; Dhanakosa. Located in Scotland, with beginner and intermediate level retreats, Dhanakosa introduces you to various meditational philosophies such as yoga, hill walking, Tai Chi, and other alternatives. The center has its own 16-acre grounds with plenty of natural scenery. The retreat is within driving distance of Glasgow and Edinburgh.
You are now armed with knowledge about some of the best U.K. retreats! Plan your itinerary well in advance and get ready to enjoy a wonderful English holiday.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.