These are the ten best tips for writing a love letter:
- Hand-written letters create an instant connection. Your handwriting is a mark of your personality and makes your lover instantly think of you.
- Using beautiful stationary adds to the romance of a love letter. Soft colored paper, special ink, and a touch of fragrance are good highlights.
- Begin the letter with an endearing salutation that is personal. It could be something you call the person you love or it could be expressive of your love in an intimate and close way.
- Avoid being casual or too erotic in your letter. It undoes the whole purpose of creating intimacy and romance.
- Be expressive in whatever you say. Avoid generalizing and use words that describe feelings.
- Make it a point to include things you like about the person in your letter. It will make the recipient feel appreciated that you noticed these qualities.
- Include little things he or she does that make you feel special.
- Be honest. Sharing your innermost feelings will make your special someone feel more connected to you.
- Be humorous. It is great fuel for open communication and a stronger relationship.
- Be simple. Expressing love comes best when one is not trying too hard. Say the things closest to your heart without trying to impress anyone.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.