The State of Texas has established several scholarships for Texas residents. Five of the best Texas scholarships are listed below:
- The Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship Program: This Texas resident scholarship for senior students, with potential for outstanding higher education, offers $1,500 annually for up to four years. Nominations for this Texas scholarship are forwarded by high school counselors, certifying that the students are among the top 10% of their class. To be eligible, students should maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) each semester. This scholarship is available to residents of Texas who are U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or are eligible for permanent U.S. resident status. Applicants for this scholarship must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- South Texas Academic Rising Scholars Scholarships: This south Texas resident scholarship, with an award of $2,000, benefits students with high academic performance levels, personal strengths, and leadership qualities. Financial requirements are also considered. As regards eligibility, the students should be permanent residents of one of the 22 South Texas counties and be U.S. citizens with a permanent resident card or an I-551 passport. The minimum expected cumulative GPA is 2.7, out of a GPA of 4.0. The applicants must be enrolled for the full academic year as full time graduate or undergraduate degree students in an accredited U.S. college or university, with a minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours.
- YouthLaunch Scholarship for Outstanding Service: This Texas resident scholarship is for young Texas citizens with proven leadership capabilities and who have made a mark in community service. Recipients of this scholarship may also be recommended for the President’s Volunteer Service Awards by Youthlaunch.
- The TCU Texas Youth Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Program: This Texas resident scholarship benefits young entrepreneurs who are running their own business for at least one year. Any student managing a business and enrolled in a Texas high school can apply for the award. This scholarship offers a total of $20,000. The highest ranked recipient will get $5,000, and the next five will get $1,000 each. The award doubles for students who attend TCU.
- The Texas Conference for Women Scholarships: Funded by donations from sponsors to the Texas Conference for Women, this Texas scholarship encourages women students to strive for higher levels of achievement. This resident scholarship offers $5,000 to each of 6 recipients in the following areas: Arts, Math and Science, Education, Nursing, Business, and Public Service. The recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance, leadership qualities, and potential for community service.
Students in Texas looking for scholarships are advised to go through a comprehensive list of the best Texas scholarships and select one that is most suited to their specific requirements.
© Newsmax. All rights reserved.